Monday, July 19, 2010

Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Morgan Jean, this ones for you!

These are my latest summer favorite food. I make them at least twice a week, I crave them, I love the garlic smell as they cook. Here is what you need:



Wash and then cut the little red potatoes into quarters:



Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, toss in your potatoes and mix them all around. Spray your pan with Pam (this helps reduce anger when you are trying to clean the pan), spread the potatoes all around.



Then bake them until they are golden brown and nice and crunchy. Some day I will remember to take a picture before me and the children eat them all gone. If that ever happens . . . . . In the meantime, here is the recipe.

Garlic Roasted Potatoes

3 lbs. small red or white skinned potatoes
1/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. ground pepper
2 T. minced garlic (6 cloves)
2 T. fresh minced parsley

Preheat oven 400 degrees.

Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated. Spread out into one layer on greased cookie sheet. Bake for at least 1 hour, flipping once or twice with a spatula. (I never flip them I can never remember to do that and they still turn out good.)

Toss with parsley, season to taste and serve nice and hot.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted this, they are my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime Morgan! Do you need any help packing?

    ReplyDelete