Monday, July 19, 2010

Morning Smoothies

My neice Sarah Jane came to visit and she made us this morning smootie. I must admit, at first I was very, very skeptical about tasting this but I was brave and gave it a taste and lo and behold . . . . it wasn't nasty . . . as a matter of fact it was pretty good . . . my teenagers even ate it! Now that is amazaing.

Sarah Jane makes it for her little girls every morning. It has enough vitamins packed into it to last them for days and days! I began to tell other friends about "The Morning Smoothie" and apparantly there are many variations out there.

Here is Sarah Janes:

First, fill your blender up with washed spinach leaves about this full:


Put 15 to 20 carrots on top of your spinach:


Next FROZEN (it makes a big difference) strawberries, about this much:


Next FROZEN bluberries, about his much, it is almost to the top of my blender now:



It actually looks kind of pretty now doesn't it! Next add apple juice, to about the top of the spinach leaves:


Then blend away, add more apple juice if it won't blend! My kids add a banana at this point too . . .it is up to you . . . go crazy!


Tadaaa!


Pour into pretty cup and be amazed how good it tastes, how good it is for you and how many less veggies you need to eat today!


xo,
janette

No comments:

Post a Comment