Friday, April 2, 2010

Chicken Burritos

This is one of my favorite dinners because everyone loves it! I always use boneless chicken thighs, they really have such a great flavor. So, I just spread out the thighs and put tons of Lawry's salt, garlic salt and pepper all over the top side of the meat. This is what really gives the meat a good flavor.





Them I get Gregg to grill it up, he slices it up into nice smaller pieces and everyone lives it. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed, I promise.



Next I make this bean dip. I don't have the exact recipe, I just add what I like so here is what you need:



Those things in the jars are my pinto and black beans that I canned. With store bought black beans, just drain them, then dump them and some refried beans into your baking dish. Use a potato masher to smash them up, no lumps, my kids don't like lumpy beans. I usually get tired of smashing and mine end up like this:






Next, add sour cream, I scooped about this much:



Blend it into your beans:



Add some salsa, the spicier the better!



Throw in a big handful of grated cheese:



Stir it all together. Sprinkle some more cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly. And here you have it. My kids eat it with tortilla chips, they put it on their burritos, they love it!



Now for your salsa. Find some hole in the wall Mexican Taco shop and try out all of their salsas. There are so many good ones out there. These are our three favorites from El Napolito here in town. They make any burrito taste fresher and spicier. So, get on out there and find some good homemade salsa. Vow never to buy some in a jar from the store again.







I don't know how to turn the pictures the right way, sorry. But they are: Roasted Salsa, Sonora Hot Salsa (it has 5 peppers in it) and Salsa Verde (my favorite). Yum!

xo,
Janette

1 comment:

  1. My mom somehow stumbled on your blog and passed it on to me. Looks like you have some great recipes!

    ReplyDelete