Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flank Steak Marinade

This is a great Sunday dinner. You need to plan ahead because it needs to marinate for 3 days; then you just grill it. But, whenever I make it, all people want the recipe. Here is what you need:



Once again, my favorite garlic is needed!



Score the flank steak diagonally with a knife and poke several holes with a fork.



Put the olive oil, soy sauce, meat tenderizer, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, pepper, balsamic vinegar, parsley flakes and my beloved garlic in a zip-loc baggie. Mush it all together until it is mixed.



Put your flank in, seal it up and put it in the fridge. Marinate for 3 days, turning meat once a day. (I just flip the bag over every morning.)

Grill the steak to they way you prefer it (med., rare, etc.) Watch carefully, it doesn't take too much time.

The finished product!



Let me know how you like it!

xo,
Janette

P.S. I am sorry the pictures are so lame. I was having a hard day. Right before I left for church, I could smell gas in the guest bedroom. So, I called SDG&E, they came out just as I was leaving for church. They found the area of the leak, turned our gas off and told me to find a plumber. Off to church I went, came home, couldn't find a plumber and I had 8 people come for dinner. So, I made everything in the oven and very good boy Drew went to a friends house to grill the steak. Life can be crazy, can't it.

Flank Steak Marinade

1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 t. Adolf's Meat Tenderizer
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. pepper
1 1/2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. parsley flakes
4 cloves garlic, crushed

Score the meat diagonally with a knife and poke several holes with a fork. Mix all ingredients in a gallon zip-loc baggie, add steak. Marinate for 3 days, turning meat once a day. Grill to the way you prefer the steak. Watch carefully, doesn't take too much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment