Monday, May 10, 2010

LeeAnn's Marinade

Dear Faithful "7" Friends,

Here it is, I finally sat down and put the pictures on my computer for LeeAnn's marinade.

But first, some of you have asked me why I make my own food. Well, for one I can control where the ingredients come from; I can control how much of the ingredients I can put in things (especially salt) and in my own little warped mind: I think the things I make from scratch taste better (majority of the time) way better than what comes in a bottle, a box or from the freezer section at Ralph's. Call me crazy if you like, but there you have it.

So, that being said, here what you need for the marinade: soy sauce (low sodium), canola oil, sugar, ground ginger, garlic.



Put it all in a zip-loc baggie and smoosh it together. Then add your chicken or meat. I used beef tenderloin and cut the strips into thirds.



Smoosh it around so more and refrigerate. The great thing about this marinade is that you can let it soak all day or just for 15 or 30 min. It always tastes good.



Throw it on the barbie and dinner is ready.



And then my camera battery died, so no picture of the end result, trust me it was good.

xo,
Janette

P.S. Hey Sarah Jane, I made Salsa Chicken tonight, do you have that recipe?

LeeAnn's Marinade

1 c. low sodium soy sauce
1 c. canola oil
4 t. sugar
2 t. ground ginger
1 clove garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment