Monday, May 31, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

Hello my people,

These bar cookies are sooooo good! I didn't have time to take a picture but trust me, you will like them.

Happy Memorial Day,
Love,
jpt


Jill's Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy PB
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 bag of milk chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugars. Add PB and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla, soda, salt, oats and flour and press into a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375. Place chocolate chips over hot bars and melt in oven for a few minutes. With a knife smooth out chocolate chips. Allow to cool completely.

Frosting:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup softened butter
1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (add until it's at a desired consistency...I used 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T milk

Mix all ingredients together and spread over cooled bars.

To add some color, I grated a little semi-sweet chocolate over the top.

2 comments:

  1. These are the kind of things I am trying to avoid! They look so yummy!!! Next Sunday I will make them.

    ReplyDelete