Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This best thing about making enchiladas is you can make one for dinner and freeze one for later. Sweet! This is my Aunt Bette's recipe. I have heard that Abby's are super good. I am going to try to get her to put it on this old blog as soon as Morgan Jean teaches me how to add people's names. (I forgot how, sorry Morgan . . .)

Here is what you need:

Combine the soup, sour cream and the fire roasted green chilies (they are my peoples favorite, they are gooood!):



Next, grate your Colby/Jack cheese:



Here is my little chicken. Tear off all the meat and shred it to smithereens (sp?):

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5451983790706698210" />

Slice up your green onions, get your tortilla (mine are in the back), the soup mixture, the cheese and your shredded chicken. You are ready to assemble:



So, put a dollop of soup on your tortilla, add chicken, cheese and some green onion. I fill my tortilla up, I like them full of goodness.



I am type A, I like my tortillas to be uniform and perfect, this trait can be very burdensome sometimes but what can you do.



Spread the rest of the soup/sour cream/green chilies all over the top of your lovely enchiladas.



Sprinkle lots and lots of cheese over the top.



Bake 350 degrees, 30 minutes or until golden brown, bubbly and to die for!



Happy Fiesta,
xo,
Janette

Chicken Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts or 1 roasted chicken, shredded
12 corn tortillas
1 bunch green green onions, sliced
1 lb. Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
2 c. sour cream
2 cans cream chicken soup
2 - 4 oz. green chilies (fire roasted are excelente)

Mix together sour cream, soup and green chilies in a bowl. Shred chicken, slice green onions, grate the cheese and warm the tortillas. Smear a little sauce on the tortilla, add chicken, cheese and onions. Roll and place in 9 x 13. Smear soup all over the top, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of that. Bake 350 degrees, 30 min. or until bubbly and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment