Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken in Wine Sauce

Well, the afternoon turned out to be too busy to make enchiladas. So, I made one of my quick easy recipes and it happens to be one of Gregg's favorites. Enchiladas will have to be another day but here is how to make some very yummy, easy chicken. It is a recipe from Paula Deen. Here we go:

Spray your pan with Pam. Put in a layer of nice thin chicken breasts. (I look for the thin ones to go on sale and buy them cheap, or I buy regular and slice them thin; both ways work well for me. You could pound the regular breasts thinner but that takes way too much effort for me and my sore shoulder).




Now put a thin layer of Swiss cheese on the top. I usually just buy the deli cheese but I accidentally bought a block of Swiss cheese instead of Monterrey a while back, so I just used it. It all works.



Here we have the good part or for some, the controversial part: to use wine or not. It is up to you . . . you must work it out with your inner self, good luck. You could use chicken broth instead but it isn't as good!

So, mix with a spoon, 1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup and 1/2 c. white wine.

You are probably asking yourself, where does Janette get the white wine? Well, I have many friends who drink wine, so sometimes I borrow it from them. Other times I buy little bottles at the grocery store, they are very cute and just the right size. Ask me about my friend Jay at Ralph's and the time I had wine in my grocery cart, it is a classic.

Anyways, pour it over your chicken.



Sprinkle the crunchy little stuffing mix on top like this:



Drizzle the very yummy melted butter over the top.



Put it in the oven for 45 minutes and wallah, yummy, yummy dinner!



The croutons get crunchy, the soup sauce melts with the cheese, it is good! I love it over brown rice, mmmmm good.

I also love these Take & Bake baguette's at Albertson's. Just pop it into the oven then you have nice warm bread with your chicken in wine sauce.





That's it, such an easy, fast dinner. Here is the recipe:

4 - 6 thin chicken breasts
6 - 8 oz. Swiss Cheese slices
1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. white wine
salt & pepper to taste
1 c. herb flavored stuffing mix, crushed
4 T. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt and pepper, pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Baker for 45 minutes, or until bubble and a little brown.

xo,

Janette




No comments:

Post a Comment