Friday, March 26, 2010

New Chicken Marinade and Snickerdoodles

Warmer weather means barbecue for dinner. So, I saw this marinade and thought I would give it a try for dinner.

I let the chicken marinade for 1/2 hour, then Gregg grilled it. It is an orange juice/wine based marinade. It turned out pretty off of the grill but it didn't have much flavor. It was just OK. I will stick to Ina's homemade barbecue sauce next time. But, it was fun to try something new.



I did make homemade ranch dressing, at the very last minute. It was good! I will have to take pictures and send you that recipe next time. It is from the Pioneer Woman, it was a big hit!

I have saved the best for the last: Snickerdoodles. For years my snickerdoodles have come out flat and runny; but not anymore! This is the 4th time I've used this recipe and every time the cookies are perfect. It by Tamara Morrison from our ward cookbook. Here you go:

First you combine 1 c. butter, 1 1/2 c. sugar and 2 eggs (see my nice pretty dark yellow fresh eggs!).



While that is creaming away, my buddy Claire Moore mixed together the sugar and cinnamon.



To the creamed mixture add: 2 1/2 c. flour, 1 t/ baking soda, 1/4 t. salt & 1 1/2 t. cream of tartar. Once that is blended, you put it in the fridge for 5 - 10 min. (It gives you a chance to clean up and get your pans out. Then make your little balls (thanks Ruth for the ice cream scooper). Claire rolled them in the cinnamon/sugar. They should look like this and if you don't own a silpat, call me . . . everyone must have some!



Bake them at 400 degrees for 8 - 10 min., until very lightly browned.



Mmmmmmm goodness!



Here we have Claire trying them out. So goooooood!



xo,
Janette

Snickerdoodles

Cookies:
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cream of tartar

Beat butter, sugar and eggs until light and creamy. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cream of tartar. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Chill dough 5 - 10 minutes in refrigerator. Roll dough into 1" balls. Roll in coating.

Coating:
3 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon

Mix together in a small bowl. Roll cookie dough balls in cinnamon/sugar mixture until well coated. Place on ungreased cookies sheet, leaving room for cookie to flatten out. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.

The biggest thing about making cookies is having your eggs and butter at room temperature, it makes a HUGE difference. Also, the silpat is the best because you just have to wipe your pans out when you are done. Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. i don't have a silpat....haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the winner! I will give you one when you come home, I have lots. xo, Mom

    ReplyDelete