Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Dinner

Tonight we had two new couples in our ward come for dinner, the Chang's and the Webb's. It has been nice and sunny out, so that means: barbecue chicken.

Here is the complete dinner menu:

Barbecue Chicken
Crash Potatoes
Green Beans
Good old Green Salad with Ranch
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Peach Cobbler


On Sat. I made the Barefoot Contessa's barbecue sauce. I love it for the taste, it is easy to make and for the fact that is makes a lot and you can keep it in your refrigerator to use it anytime!

The recipe is in this cookbook:




First you cut up one large onion put it in a pan, add 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 c. oil and let it simmer for 10 min. This smells so good.



Then you just throw in all of these ingredients: They all make it taste so good!






Let it simmer 30 min., uncovered and you end up with this:




Yummy!


The Crash Potatoes are on the Pioneer Woman's website. They are the best, I love them, my kids love them, they are easy and good. Go to thepioneerwoman.com, click on recipe, in the search area type: Crash Potatoes. Then the recipe is listed under Marlboro Man's Favorite Dinner.

Here is what they look like before and after you cook them.





The photo doesn't do it justice, trust me, they are good. After you cook them whole, you put them on a sheet pan that you have drizzled olive oil over. Then you smash each little potato with a potato masher, put a little more olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt, pepper and I put Parmesan Cheese on it. Then bake it and tadaaa, yummy little crunchy potatoes.

I ran out of time to take pictures but you must trust me here . . . the Garlic Cheesy Bread was pure heavan. The recipe is on the Pioneer Woman's website as well. First you cut the French Bread into fourths, cook it in butter/garlic in a pan until it is brown, then you put this so good cheese mixture on the top and bake it in the oven. To die for. Try it tonight!

Tonight I am going to make enchiladas . . .stay tuned.

xo,
Janette

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I just wish I lived in CA to eat at your house with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about the peach cobbler? i love peach cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished you lived here too Sarah Jane. I will come cook for you when I come visit!

    Emma, the peach cobbler was easy. I just used frozen peaches, then made the crumbly topping. I'll put it on the blog for you.

    xo,
    Janette/Mom

    ReplyDelete