Thursday, March 11, 2010

Steak Sandwiches

I didn't get to post dinner last night because Drew took over the computer. It was a good dinner though. First I made:



This recipe is in the Pioneer Woman's cookbook, It is called "Marlboro Man's Favorite Dinner". They are steak sandwiches and they were really good. If you don't have her cookbook, it is really fun and we have liked her recipes. So check that out.

Then I made from the best store Trader Joe's:



I baked the sweet potato fries in the oven and they were good. I don't think everyone liked them as much as I did. They LOVE the Chipotle Fries from Trader Joe's better. But these were good and I didn't burn them. That is a miracle in itself!

Then to round off the dinner, you Arizona people are going to be jealous:



Yes indeedie, strawberries from no other than the Strawberry Man on Rancho Santa Fe. These are the first of the season, they weren't great but it was just great to buy them from Strawberry Man and to see him back on the street. It gives us hope that spring/summer are right around the corner.

Last, I did this post all by myself, definitely another miracle or maybe I am a freak'n genius!

xo,
Janette

2 comments:

  1. Janette! I'm so excited to see that you've come around to having a blog! I will now be able to see what things you are making for dinner and I can salivate from this great distance. I will hereby pretend I ate over at your house every single night! It will be magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here! I loved Rip's pictures, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete