Friday, March 26, 2010

Homemade Bread

This is my story about bread.

This is the sad bread.



This is the happy bread next to the sad bread. Now you can really see how sad the "sad bread" is.



I had the once happy bread in the oven rising. I had to leave to pick up Livy at tennis. I left Drew in charge, poor Drew. When the timer went off, Drew put the once happy bread into the oven. Drew noticed that the oven was only warm and that the panel said, "FA". Good boy Drew tried to call his Mom but no such luck because his crazy mom left her phone at home, as usual. So, good boy Drew, decided to leave the bread in the slightly warm oven.

When I got home I got that oven heating up again, who knows what came over that darn oven! I left the bread in for another 15 min. beyond the usual time with hopes it would rise, but no such luck, it was just destined to be sad, sad bread.

So, I made another batch to redeem myself and here you have many happy loaves of bread.



Next I decided to test the children and made them grilled cheese sandwiches on the sad bread. Good news, they still ate it! They said it didn't taste nasty but that it was just a bit heavier than usual.

That is the happy ending of my sad bread story.

xo,
Janette

P.S. Hi Rachel!

P.S.S. Let me know if you want me to put the recipe for the bread on the blog.

5 comments:

  1. i had a grilled cheese on homebread for dinner too!!!!!!! excpet fresh homemade bread would've been better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother I loved your story!!! You are such an expert blogger now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have sad bread stories. I need a lesson ftom the pros. Your dread looks beautiful at the end!

    ReplyDelete