Friday, March 19, 2010

Today's Work

So, today I decided I had to put our garden in. Here is what my old, dead winter garden looked like when we started:



Name the plant that never dies at the back of the bottom raised bed!



Here are 6 bags of compost, Wilson snuck in the photo. Crazy dog!



Wilson was rolling around on the grass trying to scratch his back, see I told you he was crazy.






Here is my wagon with all of my gardening gear.




These are a few of my soon to be in the ground plants. There are 8 tomato, 2 celery, 3 garlic, 2 cilantro, 1 Kale and 1 cabbage (for Cleo of course), 1 strawberry (Livy wanted that), then I still have to plant some from seed. To be done after Spring Break, hopefully.




Gregg made me another planter. I tore out a rosebush and a much disliked daylily plant to make room for 1 more. I will always need 1 more!



Livy came out to help and good 'ol Mr. Wilson just sat right on her lap.



The kids finally got home from the beach to help dig up the last bed, spread the mulch around and plant. They wished they hadn't come home so soon from the beach. Ha, fooled them.

The final garden!



I love pretty dark dirt.



I love tomatoes!



I love my fresh herbs.



I still love tomatoes, 8 might not be enough. . .



Tada! Now I must go take some Advil so I can move my pathetic, sliding into 50 body tomorrow.

xo,
Janette

4 comments:

  1. you're funny mom! i'm guess the plant that doesn't die is an artichoke plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Win~ I will give you all of the aritchokes off the artichoke plant that never dies. Congratulations, last year we got about 20.
    xo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janette...guess what i have been loving lately? tomatoes!!!! i knew you would be so proud of me. remember last summer when you practically shoved them down my throat. now i eat them willingly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Kate! You can come eat them from my garden this summer! You will love them even more. Hang in there with youR classes and finals, you are almost done!! Thanks for taking Hannah to the airport. Love, your favorite Aunt Janette

    ReplyDelete